Paav Bhaji is a fabulous dish prepared with lot of vegetables and buns.
- 2 cup: Mixed vegetables chopped fine
- 1 cup: Potatoes-chopped fine
- 1 cup: Onions-grated
- 1 tsp: Chopped cloves of garlic-ground together
- 1 tsp: Chopped ginger
- 1 cup: Tomato-grated
- ½ cup: Tomato puree
- Green chillies-chopped to taste
- 2 tsp: Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp: Turmeric
- 1 tsp: Pav bhaji masala
- ½ tsp: Powdered red pepper
- 1 tbsp: Salt
- 6 pcs: Pav bread
- 6 tbsp: Butter for the bread
- ½ cup: Oil
- Heat oil and add cumin seeds, then the onion paste and sauté till brown and fat separates.
- Add the mixed vegetables and potatoes and sauté first over high heat, then over low, till cooked through.
- Add tomatoes and puree, green chillies, turmeric, salt, pav bhaji masala and and continue cooking till the fat separates. Keep mashing the red pepper vegetables with the stirrer as it cooks.
- To serve, heat some butter, slit the bread horizontally and fry in the butter till brown.
- Serve hot.